background

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Turkey Dinner!




So, Bob drew a turkey tag this season but was having a hard time finding any turkey! The kids and I even went with him one time and they are a lot smarter animal than you think! This morning, much to his surprise a nice turkey came strutting by behind our warehouse! With a handfull of Bob's employee's watching he takes out his bow and arrow and takes that poor turkey down! He loves the story but I'm a little grossed out by it! Here are some cute pictures. Emerson was so excited to see the "sleeping" turkey and was petting it and telling me how he wants to get a turkey when he gets bigger. Funny kids! Needless to say we will be eating turkey dinner on a beautiful spring evening!

8 comments:

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Good job Bobby! Looks like a nice turkey and that is actaully one of the animals i will eat. They are pretty good. Cute pics with the kids.

Karie Coats said...

What a big turkey! And how convenient!!!! Good job!
Loved the St. George pics, thanks again for hooking us up, we had a great time there too!

the Youngs said...

haha That is a great hunting feat! The turkey nuggets will be great, I'm sure :) It was fun to hang out this afternoon.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Way to go Strebel! Looks like a great turkey. You'll have to tell me if it turns out tasty. Now that you've killed your turkey, you can fully prepare for September Elk! Talk to you soon.
-Potter

Lanes said...

Okay, I am so glad that this is the first post I saw of yours the first time I got on your blog. Good to see that some things never change and Bob still has the bow and arrow handy. Justin will get a good laugh out of this. I am so glad you found us, it's been way way too long. Now I can stalk you and hopefully we can get together if we ever make it back to Logan again! Take care you guys! By the way, your kids are adorable and you both look great too!

Lindsay said...

Your kids are so cute.

After seeing these pictures I am so glad that Brian doesn't hunt. Well at least not yet, that could all change once we get moved. :)

We found a house in Montana and if everything stays on schedule we can close on June 10. I am so excited to move!

Karmann said...

I love it! That is one big turkey!!! I love turkey but I would have to stay away while they make it look like a turkey that goes into the oven! I love the kids with Bob! Too cute! That is definitly one for the books! Not every kid has little pictures of them along side a huge turkey!

Lianna said...

Hey there
with my hubbys new job I have decided to make our blog private.
If you want me to add you to our list, email me at tommysquirrel@yahoo.com
Love
Lianna